From: John Walsh <high@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:28:50
1 Ok, but will the CD still ahve everything it had before, or will you be removing stuff to make
2 room for X and all of that? If so, as I suspect, what will be taken out? Is there a place where
3 people can look at what will be removed and maybe vote on what needs to stay?
4
5 Thanks,
6 Gabriel
7
8 ----- Original Message -----
9 From: "Andrew Gaffney" <agaffney@g.o>
10 To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
12 Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:20:19 -0500
15 > John Walsh wrote:
16 > > But I like the non-X liveCD (not the minimal, the Universal), everybody has X
17 > > livecd's and the simplicity and power of the current livecd is unmatched.
18 > > Is there no way of keeping the same Universal LiveCD as is now
19 > > for those users that
20 > > prefer it? I mean, when a system is down, there is no need to
21 > > start X and have open-office and x-chat, xine, mplayer, xmms, etc
22 > > on the CD, but as many tools as possible, like it is now to get
23 > > it back up.
24 >
25 > The universal basically is the minimal with some extras:
26 >
27 > universal == minimal + stages + portage snapshot
28 >
29 > You can easily bypass X on the X-LiveCD by passing 'nox' on the
30 > kernel commandline.
31 >
32 > -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
33 > Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
34 >
35 > -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list
40 Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.linuxmail.org
41 This allows you to send and receive SMS through your mailbox.
42
43 Powered by Outblaze
46 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list