From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] summary of IRC conversation
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:20:28
1 On Thursday 29 January 2004 18:51, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 >
3 > So, thoughts?
4
5 I think we must focus on what kind of installer we are going to work. Do we
6 want an installer that can be used for automated installs (in which this
7 would be a great idea), or do we want an interactive installer for single
8 installs (where splitscreen console access is valueable). Or do we want both?
9
10 If we want both, how are we going to integrate that. Can the backend perform
11 partial scripts? Further how would it integrate with generic gentoo
12 confiration tools?
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze