From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Collision in 2006.0 GTK+ installer..
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:46:01
1 Sieb, Glenn E (Glenn) wrote:
2 > Greetings!
3 >
4 > If, using the GUI installer, you check Postfix as an optional package to install (I haven't tried other MTAs yet), ssmtp is _still_ installed and then collides with Postfix, causing the install to "fail."
5 >
6 > T'is a minor thing, as it's just as easy once the install is done to unmerge ssmtp and emerge postfix, I but thought someone should be made aware about the gotcha.
7
8 It's a known issue with a known cause. We just haven't figured out a good
9 solution, yet.
12 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
13 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
14 --
15 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list