From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:19:16
1 Are you using the "official" experimental LiveCD? If not, you're SOL. The
2 installer has requirements that aren't satisfied by the normal release CDs.
3 Also, I'm not sure what you're doing copying it into /mnt/gentoo before running
4 it. Exactly what are you trying to do?
5
6 Luis Flores soberon wrote:
7 > I'm trying to use the Gentoo Installer and get it to work. To do my
8 > tests I am using a virtual Machine inside my linux box and booting up
9 > with the live-CD. Im copying the entire installer directory in to the
10 > /mnt/gentoo directory, but it is not mount (it is in RAM). I try to run the
11 > ./installer-clie with the arguments required (changing first the
12 > INSTALL_DIR in the script)
13 > and i keep getting this error :
16 > Traceback (most recent call last):
17 > File "/home/luis/installer/src/fe/cli/clife.py", line 13, in ?
18 > import GLIClientController
19 > File "/home/luis/installer/src/GLIClientController.py", line 17, in ?
20 > import os, GLIClientConfiguration, GLIInstallProfile, GLIUtility,
21 > GLILogger, sys, signal, Queue, GLIArchitectureTemplate, GLINotification,
22 > traceback
23 > File "/home/luis/installer/src/GLIInstallProfile.py", line 28, in ?
24 > import GLIStorageDevice
25 > File "/home/luis/installer/src/GLIStorageDevice.py", line 1, in ?
26 > import commands, string, os, parted
27 > ImportError: No module named parted
28 >
29 > What is happening???
32 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
33 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
36 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list