From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:12:36
On 10/20/05, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 02:28 +0800, John Walsh wrote: > > Ok, but will the CD still ahve everything it had before, or will you be > removing stuff to make > > room for X and all of that? If so, as I suspect, what will be taken out? > Is there a place where > > people can look at what will be removed and maybe vote on what needs to > stay? > > Nothing is taken out. The Universal CD is just the Minimal CD, as far > as functionality is concerned. This will be a more functional CD. As > for voting, this isn't Survivor. You don't get to vote anyone off the > island. >
Aww... come on... I wanna vote somebody off the island. Anyhow I think the minimal and the installer cd are the way to go. Perhaps if you just also release the source files you use to build the iso (I don't know what this would be, perhaps the catalyst file?) then people who desperately want to put together a KDE livecd or something like that could do it themselves. -Mike -- ________________________________ Michael E. Crute Software Developer SoftGroup Development Corporation Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware. "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"