From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer <gentoo-installer@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-installer] educating users
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:10:48
This is something that's been in the back of my mind for a while, but I haven't
really come up with any good solutions for.

With the release of the installer, we will be getting a lot of users who have
never done a manual install and haven't/won't read the handbook. This is
obviously not desirable due to the increased amount of dumb questions that will
flood #gentoo and the gentoo-user ML.

My idea was for a "quiz" from the handbook before the user is allowed to use the
installer. This would force them to atleast skim the handbook before using the
installer. This idea has been met with a lot of resistance by other developers,
even though I had a lot of support for it about 6-8 months back.

Do anyone else have a better idea?

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project