From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:44:46
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 22:53, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Why? Many people would want to be able to do parts of the installation > manually while doing others automatically. As some parts cannot be > performed out of order this means that if we want to support such a > hands-on mode for the installer, we need to allow partial scripts to be > executed.
There is a way to allow this in execution-after-Finish-button mode, too. In the settings XML sent by the FE to the BE, add a flag that makes the BE pause after every step's execution and wait for a signal from the FE to continue. Also add an option to tell the BE to skip executing a step, instead of supplying data saying how to execute it. Then the user can choose to skip step X, click 'finish - execute with pauses', and when it comes to step X do whatever he wants in another console. -- Dan Armak Gentoo Linux developer (KDE) Matan, Israel Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951