From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] RE: Request for package lists
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:20:53
On Saturday 19 November 2005 2:09 pm, Preston Cody wrote:
> To start you guys off I'll list the ones currently in our catalog. > Desktop: > gaim, gftp, evolution, mozilla, mozilla-firefox, mozilla-thunderbird, > mplayer, openoffice, openoffice-bin, realplayer, xchat, xmms > Servers: > apache, iptables, proftpd, samba, traceroute > X11: > xorg-x11, gnome, kde, blackbox, enlightenment, fluxbox, xfce4 > Misc: > gkrellm, logrotate, slocate, ufed > Recommended: > anjuta, chkrootkit, crack-attack, netcat, nmap, screen > > Please add! > -Codeman
I know I'm not on the installer team, but I'd like to chime in on a few apps I use in my daily life: Desktop: vpnc, kvpnc, koffice, kmymoney2, rdesktop, vnc, grdesktop Network: ethereal, netkit-telnetd, net-snmp, openssh, dhcpcd, ntp Recommended: gnupg I don't personally use the installer, but you guys have done such a nice job that I'm going to start recommending it to newer users in the future. -- Jason Huebel Gentoo Board Of Trustees Member Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter GPG Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand." Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)