From: Alan McGinlay <root@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:16:07
1 On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:59:31 +0800
2 "John Walsh" <high@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Hello all,
5 >
6 > I just need some enlightenment, is the gentoo installer going to
7 > REPLACE the current methode or is it going to be an aleternative,
8 > like choosing in between expert/manual (the current method) and easy
9 > (the gentoo installer). The reason I ask this is because I like the
10 > current install method via the livecd and I use that livecd A LOT
11 > when I have to solve some problems on a linux (and even window$)
12 > partition. I wouldn't not want to be able to still use the livecd as
13 > it is currently usable, because I think it is the best livecd out
14 > there. If it is going to completely replace the current livecd
15 > installation method then is there going to someone at Gentoo to keep
16 > up the livecd tradition?
17 >
18 > Thank you,
19 > Gabriel
22 No it won't replace it, AFAIK it is intended to be in addition to the
23 normal method and it is _not_ intended to make installing gentoo "easy"
24 it is intended to (among other things) facilitate installing gentoo
25 onto multiple systems across a network simultaniousley and be able to
26 show tips etc during the install process etc. but don't
27 worry, the old system will still be there.
28
29 variant
30 --
31 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list