From: Alan McGinlay <root@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:16:07
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:59:31 +0800
"John Walsh" <high@×××××××××.org> wrote:

> Hello all, > > I just need some enlightenment, is the gentoo installer going to > REPLACE the current methode or is it going to be an aleternative, > like choosing in between expert/manual (the current method) and easy > (the gentoo installer). The reason I ask this is because I like the > current install method via the livecd and I use that livecd A LOT > when I have to solve some problems on a linux (and even window$) > partition. I wouldn't not want to be able to still use the livecd as > it is currently usable, because I think it is the best livecd out > there. If it is going to completely replace the current livecd > installation method then is there going to someone at Gentoo to keep > up the livecd tradition? > > Thank you, > Gabriel >
No it won't replace it, AFAIK it is intended to be in addition to the normal method and it is _not_ intended to make installing gentoo "easy" it is intended to (among other things) facilitate installing gentoo onto multiple systems across a network simultaniousley and be able to show tips etc during the install process etc. but don't worry, the old system will still be there. variant -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list