From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Cc: esammer@g.o, spyderous@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New installer project status
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:35:45
1 That's a gerat news, maybe you (+spyderous) could write a project xml page in
2 the -desktop-research project directory, to sum up all this and make it
3 trackable?
4
5 Even if you're starting a new seperate project, the discussions have emerged
6 from -research, and I think it's very important that you stick with the rules
7 we wrote together ( http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/manifest.xml
8 ). This will help give credit to the team, thank the effort, and avoid the new
9 installer project to disapear like so many others have, because lack of written
10 summary, and too fast development. It'll also proove that the installer team
11 have organizational capabilities.
12
13 So please commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/desktop/research a new xml project file
14 called gentoo-installer.xml (for example), where you list the people that
15 researched on the topic (in the -research area), the conclusions you made, and
16 end up with the creation of the new -installer team. There is already a similar
17 page for gentoo-config tools page.
18
19 It's not a matter of ego, l33tness, or clans war. It's about keepig track and
20 history of the things, and learning together.
21
22 Thank you
23
24 Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o> said:
25
26 > All:
27 >
28 > The new Gentoo installer project is underway. This email should serve as a
29 > quick rundown of where we're at, what we've done, where we want to go, and how
30 > we're going to get there.
31
32 [...]
33
34 > join), but it should help as a nagging reminder.
35 >
36 > No doubt this is a button-pusher of a topic. We ask that all comments be
37 > constructive and respectful, even if you disagree, as at times we all will. ;)
38 >
39 > (Oh yea, and please read that doc!)
40 >
41 > Regards.
42 > --
43 > Eric Sammer