From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] Final pre-code meeting for Gentoo Installer
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:32:43
1 All:
2
3 There will be a final IRC meeting about the overall design of the Gentoo
4 Installer before code on a prototype begins. In this meeting we will
5 discuss and (hopefully decide) the following:
6
7 - Finalize overall design and structure
8 - Who will, officially, work on what in terms of who will be coding
9 what parts of the installer. Jobs such as official documentation folks
10 and the like may be decided.
11 - Other "undecided issues" (purposely vague)
12
13 The meeting will follow the same format we have for generic Gentoo
14 meetings - it will be held on IRC (freenode) in #gentoo-installer where
15 we will make the channel temporarily moderated. Everyone is welcome to
16 join and we can do a QA session afterward (but only if you've read the
17 docs and promise to ask new questions :)). The time for the meeting will
18 be a tentative 19:00UTC.
19
20 To remind everyone:
21 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/installer/
22
23 ...and all of the documents under further reading contain the answers to
24 most questions.
25
26 We will also discuss the blue background mandate by Kurt Lieber. His
27 hissy fit can no longer be tolerated by the installer team.
28 (The previous statement was a joke - we can tolerate it indefinitely.)
29 --
30 Eric Sammer
31 Gentoo Linux
32 http://www.gentoo.org