List Archive: gentoo-installer
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
I've just released Quickstart 0.3. A lot of work has gone into this release in
the past 2 months since 0.2. Here's the short list:
* partitioning and bootloader code redesigned to allow for arch-specific code
* x86/amd64 partitioning support rewritten using fdisk instead of sfdisk, since
sfdisk isn't in busybox
* sun disklabel and partitioning support implemented
* sun bootloader (silo) support added (not yet tested)
* hppa partitioning (uses x86 code) and bootloader (palo) support added and
* many bugs fixed. this is essentially a permanent fixture in this list for
every release :P
In short, x86, amd64, and hppa are now officially supported by Quickstart.
Support for sparc will be coming soon.
Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus"
email@example.com mailing list