From: "Peter B. West" <lists@××××××.au>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] jai
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:10:32
Petteri Räty wrote:
> Peter B. West wrote: > >>What's the story with jai? When I install jai, I get some messages >>about usage, involving very convoluted arguments to java. >> >>Peter > > > Well the message is useful if you want to use sun-jai-bin in your own > projects. Our applications should install wrapper scripts that do this > for you automatically. sun-jai-bin installs a jar file and a native > library on x86. So to use you need to give java both of these files as > arguments and this can be done using java-config. Actually all of our > libraries could have these types of instructions but I think that those > who want to code against libraries know how to use them. I don't know > the history behind the instructions but they have been added there for > some reason. Please feel free to provide a better one and I will update > the ebuild. > > Regards, > Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse) >
Ok. So I link from .../jre/lib/ext and .../jre/lib/i386 to the jars in /usr/share/jai-bin and /opt/jai-bin, and forget about the args and wrappers. Will this break anything? Peter -- Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/> Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature