From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] RFC: solving jdk-1.6 compatibility with bootclasspath
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 20:22:56
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Vlastimil Babka wrote:
3 >> If it looks sane, I can commit it.
6 > Maybe register the jars for sun-bootclasspath and use java-pkg_getjars
7 > --build-only? Users might find java-config -p sun-bootclasspath useful
8 > for their own purposes.
9
10 Too bad, I've read the dlj licence and it seems packaging just rt.jar
11 would violate it. So I've tried using gnu-classpath instead and seems to
12 work for everything except two packages (which I've solved differently).
13
14 The attached eclass patch thus uses gnu-classpath. I've also added a
15 JAVA_PKG_WANT_BOOTCLASSPATH variable to pull the needed dep.
16 gnu-classpath will just need a revbump to register the classes to
17 package.env
18
19 > Regards,
20 > Petteri