From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] RFC: solving jdk-1.6 compatibility with bootclasspath
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 20:22:56
Petteri Räty wrote:
> Vlastimil Babka wrote: >> If it looks sane, I can commit it. >> > > Maybe register the jars for sun-bootclasspath and use java-pkg_getjars > --build-only? Users might find java-config -p sun-bootclasspath useful > for their own purposes.
Too bad, I've read the dlj licence and it seems packaging just rt.jar would violate it. So I've tried using gnu-classpath instead and seems to work for everything except two packages (which I've solved differently). The attached eclass patch thus uses gnu-classpath. I've also added a JAVA_PKG_WANT_BOOTCLASSPATH variable to pull the needed dep. gnu-classpath will just need a revbump to register the classes to package.env
> Regards, > Petteri >

bootclasspath.patch text/plain