From: Ernst de Haan <wfe.dehaan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: Installing Javadoc documentation with java-pkg_dohtml
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:34:05
> > KEYWORDS="~x86 ~ppc ~sparc ~amd64" > > Do you have all these arches to test with? > http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual/keywording/
Thanks for the pointer. Changed to ~x86. Is there any way to test on Gentoo systems on the other platforms? Are there any environments dedicated to this? If so, are they available only to Gentoo committers or also to regular contributors? I do have access to Linux 2.6/PPC and Solaris/Sparc systems and I did test xmlenc on them, but these systems were not running Gentoo. So I tested the original software and the Gentoo ebuild. So in principle the ebuild /should/ work on other architectures that support Java.
> We don't einfo the antflags like this because there is nothing of > interest to the user. Feel free to use them for debugging but don't > leave them to the final ebuild.
Indeed I only put it in for my own interest. I've removed it now.
> Using parenthesis like this makes a subshell ( see man bash ). dieing > inside a subshell will not quit like you expect it to. Why not just add > javadoc to antflags?
Oops. That would be unexpected behaviour to me, indeed. The reason I split the two is so that the info in the die would be more precise. I've combined them again.
> java-pkd_dojar build/*.jar is probably more future proof so when version > bumping new jars are not missed.
Sounds good. Made the change.