From: Alistair Bush <alistair.bush@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Fwd: Re: JSR295 (Bean Binding)
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 04:40:32
1 Im just forwarding this on, so everyone can stay upto date on jsr 295 Beans
2 Binding (Isn't it exciting!! ) this was posted on the jdnc mailing
3 list/forum
4
5 Alistair
6
7 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
8
9 Subject: Re: JSR295
10 Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007
11 From: jdnc-interest@×××××××××××.org
12 To: jdnc@×××××××××××××.net
13
14 Hello Folks,
15
16 I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and let you know what's
17 going on with JSR 295 (Beans Binding).
18
19 My name is Shannon Hickey and, if you don't know me already, I'm the technical
20 lead for the Swing Team at Sun Microsystems. I've worked on the team for 6
21 years and have a broad and deep understanding of the toolkit. I've also
22 worked extremely closely for many years with Scott Violet, who has been
23 leading JSR 295.
24
25 With that in mind, I'd like to announce that I've taken over from Scott as the
26 lead for the JSR. It's this transition period that is behind our lack of any
27 recent discussion. I'm currently in progress of revving up on the project and
28 preparing to continue where Scott left off.
29
30 The exciting news is that Scott handed it off to me in a state almost ready
31 for an initial public release. And that's my first goal as new lead of the
32 project. Once it's released, I expect lots of valuable feedback from you, so
33 I'm preparing myself and the project to be in a position to start accepting
34 your suggestions.
35
36 Please bear with me while I complete this transition, and expect to see the
37 initial public release bits soon.
38
39 All the best!
40 Shannon
41 [Message sent by forum member 'shan_man' (shan_man)]
42
43 http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=206602
44