From: Ernst de Haan <wfe.dehaan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Installing Javadoc documentation with java-pkg_dohtml
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:00:11
Hi all,

While new to writing Ebuilds, I'm creating one for 'xmlenc', a
Java-based XML output library. I'm using the information I find in the
Gentoo Java Developer Guide (
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-devel.xml )

In the section "Directory Names" it says:
"Javadoc documentation is installed in /usr/share/doc/${PF}/html/api/"

Then further down it says:
"If the program provides documentation, in particular API
documentation, make certain your ebuild runs javadoc and installs the
documentation using java-pkg_dohtml."

However, I find that java-pkg_dohtml rather installs in
/usr/share/doc/${PF}/html/ without the "api/" suffix.

Is this correct behaviour? Is there a flag that will install the
Javadoc in a subdirectory of the "html" directory?

Note that I plan to write another Ebuild for a Java-based framework
(XINS) that would come with both Javadoc API documentation and log
documentation, so in that case I wonder which function I should use
for the latter. Should it be java-pkg_dohtml or just dohtml ?

Kind regards,

Ernst de Haan

PS 1: xmlenc can be found at http://xmlenc.sourceforge.net/
PS 2: XINS can be found at http://xins.sourceforge.net/