From: Brett Curtis <dashnu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] log4j -> juli
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:34:09
1 I talked to "wltjr" on IRC last night about Tomcat 5.5.17 he was a
2 great help and I am now running it, but I still have some questions /
3 problems.
4
5 I have got Tomcat up and running however when I put our webapp in
6 place I get logging errors.
7
8 SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory dxc
9 org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
10 org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log
11 constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@1589e56 for
12 org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by
13 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Priority) (Caused by
14 org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log
15 constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@1589e56 for
16 org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by
17 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Priority))
18
19 I have log4j-1.2.9 emerged so I tried to copy log4j.jar to /usr/share/
20 tomcat-5.5/lib and created a symlink in /usr/share/tomcat-5.5/common/lib
21
22 However this caused tomcat to fail and I get no logging at all.
23
24 Any idea how I can get by this or what needs to happen application
25 side to allow me to use juli instead.
26
27 Thanks for your time,
28
29 Brett Curtis