From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Last rites: dev-java/jcs-bin
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:51:00
1 Vlastimil Babka kirjoitti:
2 > Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
3 >> +# Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael@g.o> (27 Apr 2007)
4 >> +# Mask binary-only version of jcs, please use dev-java/jcs,
5 >> +# will be removed from the tree around end of May.
6 >> +dev-java/jcs-bin
7 >> +
8 >
9 >> "end of May" is 27 of May ;)
10 >
11 > how bout pkgmove for easier transition? versions would allow that
12
13 I have found that pkgmove causes more problems than it's worth. For
14 example you can't be sure that the user actually has the right
15 /usr/share/${PN} unless you depend on a version that jcs-bin didn't have
16 and people can't be expected to know this a year from now etc. pkgmove's
17 are useful for pure applications though were it doesn't matter if we
18 have Portage thinking you have ${PN} installed but the files in the
19 system are ${PN}-bin.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri