From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: Any ebuilds for JHotDraw and JStock?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:35:57
1 On 7/3/09, Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Does anyone happen to know of functional ebuilds for JStock [0]
5 > (and/or JHotDraw [1] 7.0 or higher which will be a dependency of
6 > JStock)? Or are they too complicated to install via portage for now?
7 >
8 > [0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstock/
9 > [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jhotdraw/
10
11 Ok, the jury is out with a verdict. If you want to run jstock on
12 Gentoo, you're probably best off downloading the binary they
13 distribute. Just unpack it whereever you want, chmod u+x the shell
14 script runner they have, and rock'n'roll.
15
16 I tried to type an ebuild for jstock, and out of its around 20+
17 dependencies most were available either in portage or java-overlay.
18 However, notably jhotdraw wasn't, and while typing an ebuild for it I
19 came to the conclusion that the missing is probably for a reason.
20 Jhotdraw7 would want jdo 1.0.1 jar (or something, cannot remember
21 exactly, it was a couple weeks ago already), and I couldn't find its
22 sources before I decided to go with the binary solution.
23
24 HTH if anyone else is looking at JStock. It seemed to run nicely from
25 the binary package.
28 Arttu V.