From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: Any ebuilds for JHotDraw and JStock?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:35:57
On 7/3/09, Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com> wrote:
> Hello, > > Does anyone happen to know of functional ebuilds for JStock [0] > (and/or JHotDraw [1] 7.0 or higher which will be a dependency of > JStock)? Or are they too complicated to install via portage for now? > > [0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstock/ > [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jhotdraw/
Ok, the jury is out with a verdict. If you want to run jstock on Gentoo, you're probably best off downloading the binary they distribute. Just unpack it whereever you want, chmod u+x the shell script runner they have, and rock'n'roll. I tried to type an ebuild for jstock, and out of its around 20+ dependencies most were available either in portage or java-overlay. However, notably jhotdraw wasn't, and while typing an ebuild for it I came to the conclusion that the missing is probably for a reason. Jhotdraw7 would want jdo 1.0.1 jar (or something, cannot remember exactly, it was a couple weeks ago already), and I couldn't find its sources before I decided to go with the binary solution. HTH if anyone else is looking at JStock. It seemed to run nicely from the binary package. -- Arttu V.