From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: Henrique Ferreiro <henrique.ferreiro@×××××.com>
Cc: Jon Severinsson <jon@×××××××××××.net>, gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: problems compiling junit
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 01:29:13
Henrique Ferreiro wrote:
> [...]
Alright... I'm pretty sure what the problem is. If you take a look at /usr/bin/ant... at some point, it pulls in a bunch of jars from several packages. This is necessary to make sure that all the ant tasks work properly. One of these happens to be junit.... So what I believe is happening... you have junit installed (and built with 1.5), then go to rebuild with 1.4. The ebuild calls ant, which pulls in junit compiled with 1.5 onto the classpath. When javac tries to resolve junit classes... it's getting them from the 1.5-built junit, instead of the junit which is being built. So, the workaround would be to unmerge junit before trying to rebuidl it with 1.4. Essentially, this problem comes down to who we handle /usr/bin/ant, and how it pulls in all its dependencies. It is currently hardcoded to bring in certain packages, which is less than ideal, because we need to have fine-grain control over the classpath. In particular, when building packages, we don't want to include the already-compiled version that is living on the system. Aside from this, I recommend you try the java-1.5-fixer I posted in a different thread. It actually goes through all of ant's dependencies, and if any were built with 1.5, will unmerge them, and merge them again. Hope this helps, Josh -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list