From: Julie Bovee Hill <joulie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Help on bugs, etc.?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:40:47
On 9/7/05, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Yes we always need more man power. Do you happen to be a j2ee developer? > It would be great to have someone who actively uses things like Tomcat > maintaining/helping in maintaining them.
Yes, we're J2EE and use Tomcat and lots of other technologies, most of which I think Gentoo supports, including Maven, AspectJ, Hibernate, Apache Commons.*, Velocity, Eclipse, and more. I'd be happy to help out with Tomcat.
> You can work on everything you like of course. Of course if you don't > want to waste your efforts on something that someone else is already > working on, I recommend joining #gentoo-java on Freenode. That is where > you can find most of the people active in the Java development of Gentoo.
Great, I'll check it out.
> Feel free to ask anything in #gentoo-java. And as a first tip towards > becoming better in fixing, I will recommend to attach to patches against > current ebuilds in the tree because that way developers can easily spot > your changes and give the apropriate feedback.
Do you have any patch creation guidelines? Couldn't find that info on gentoo.org.
> Also take a look at: > http://gentooexperimental.org/svn/java/gentoo-java-experimental > > We have a couple of active users committing ebuilds to the experimental > tree. So you can avoid duplicate work by first checking if the solution > is already in experimental. From experimental we developers then move > stuff to the official tree.
Ah, thanks, hadn't found that yet.