From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Gentoo Java / Apache Tomcat choices vs FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:42:05
1 On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 14:05 -0500, Joshua Nichols wrote:
2 >
3 > The maintainer of tomcat went MIA several months ago. Recently, one of
4 > our users has been giving tomcat-5.5 some lovin in the experimental
5 > overlay.
6
7 That would be me, and I am doing what I can when I can. Although I
8 should be doing more ;) Kinda in a holding pattern till the migration is
9 completed. Since I am pretty sure ebuilds will have to be tweaked.
10
11 > He also began work on updating mod_jk to go with it, but I'm
12 > not sure what the status is on that.
13
14 It's in overlay, or latest version. Ebuild works, and does what the
15 current mod_jk one does. tomcat 5.5 and mod_jk in experimental overlay
16 should be good to go for installation and use.
17
18 I did start adding support to mod_jk's ebuild to compile the jni stuff.
19 Basically I am waiting on the merge stuff to finish, as it may have some
20 deps there. Not sure. Part of it was where to install the jni stuff. In
21 jdk home? In apache modules dir? In /usr/lib? If I should use current so
22 call to do that or new java one.
23
24 Any input, comments, feedback, etc there and I can finish that off. Was
25 going to compile/install the jni stuff with the Java use flag or etc.
26 Not sure there. JNI compile support is in ebuild, install is not.
29 Sincerely,
30 William L. Thomson Jr.
31 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.
32 http://www.obsidian-studios.com