From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] QA: java-experimental
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:03:46
Krzysztof Pawlik wrote:
 > I've fixed few packages, and... leesten carefully... I'm going to say
this only
> once: next person to commit an ebuild with KEYWORDS="" (or KEYWORDS="-*") will > be punished... Alistair will send an e-mail every 10 minutes until the ebuild > gets proper keywords and ends up in package.mask. >
Oh shit /me runs back to reverse all the commits in which I dropped all keywords. ;) On a more serious note. KEYWORDS="-*" is bad!!! and if I see anymore of it an email every 10 minutes will be the last of anyones problems. but im not that concerned about KEYWORDS="" I dropped keywords on a few packages in java-overlay because there deps weren't satisfied within gentoo or java-overlay ( I didn't check java-experimental unless it was obvious to me. aka hibernate-annotations ). Eventually there will be an email going around with a list of ebuilds that have no keywords. These will either be junkyarded or moved to java-experimental (if that satisfies them).
> Can we get commit hook that does some basic QA and aborts the commit if there > are QA errors (and some warning)?
I will look into this at some point. I suppose there are many things we could do to help maintain qa. I suppose we also need more overview of our contributors. So I might attempt to generate reports, etc of commits by those users.