From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: Scott Amort <jsamort@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] contributing to Gentoo Java
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:32:18
1 Scott Amort wrote:
2 > 1) Has anyone else already started this work? I don't want to duplicate
3 > other people's work.
6 Not recently that I am aware of.
7 > 2) I have read and will follow the ebuild documentation at:
8 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-devel.xml, however it is rather
9 > basic. My first major question is how to deal with Java Ant files that
10 > get jar dependencies rather than provide them (the example that just
11 > deletes distributed jars will not work in this instance)?
14 I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to ant scripts that
15 download their dependencies? Is there a specific build.xml that you're
16 not sure to handle? If so, please share and we can take a look at it.
17 > 3) Many of Lenya's Java dependencies are part of the Excalibur project
18 > which contains updates to the now closed Avalon project (i.e.
19 > avalon-logkit, avalon-framework-api, avalon-framework-imp). Has there
20 > been any discussion on where/how to deal with these new libraries? Is
21 > anyone aware of API changes or other possible issues?
24 There hasn't been any talk that I'm aware of.
25
26 Regards,
29 Joshua Nichols
30 Gentoo/Java - Project Lead