From: David Highley <dhighley@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Questions about packages
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 03:14:35
1 I have some generic questions about the gentoo Java packages. First I
2 wonder why you would package Sun's Java for x86 and x86_64 platforms
3 since it can be down loaded from Sun.
4
5 Second question is why I do not see any apparent attempts at creating a
6 package for Sun's distribution on the Power PC platform. I'm interested
7 in this as we have a need for Java on an embedded OS platform that is
8 running on a Power PC board. We are very interested in the effort it
9 would take to build Sun's Java 1.5.x source to create a JRE for this
10 platform the OS is very Linux like. Thanks
11
12 David Highley
13 --
14 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list