From: Marat Radchenko <slonopotamusorama@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Ebuilds for IntelliJ IDEA
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:15:50
1 Hi. I've been bumping IntelliJ IDEA ebuild [1] for a pretty long time
2 and everyone was happy. Now, idea-9 released. I already bumped
3 dev-util/idea ebuild which now builds Ultimate Edition (UE).
4
5 The question is how we want to handle Community Edition (CE) [2]
6 (available under Apache-2.0 license). Jetbrains shipped binary release
7 [3], source is available via git [4,5], however there isn't any source
8 tarball.
9
10 I suggest following layout: dev-util/idea (UE) +
11 dev-util/idea-community (source CE) [+ dev-util/idea-community-bin
12 (binary CE)] where idea-community-bin is optional. The goal in mind is
13 to push source CE into main tree.
14
15 Another question is how to handle simultanious installations of
16 different versions. dev-util/idea is SLOTed based on major version
17 (idea has separate config dir in ~ for each major version) and
18 installed to /opt/idea-${SLOT} with /usr/bin/idea-${SLOT} launcher
19 script.
20
21 The last question is what to do with source CE tarballs since upstream
22 doesn't publish them (although, git tags to make them ourselves are
23 available)
24
25 [1] http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/browser/java-experimental/dev-util/idea
26 [2] http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/Home