From: Wiktor Wandachowicz <siryes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: problems compiling junit
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:19:48
Joshua Nichols <nichoj@...> writes:

> So what I believe is happening... you have junit installed (and built > with 1.5), then go to rebuild with 1.4. The ebuild calls ant, which > pulls in junit compiled with 1.5 onto the classpath. When javac tries to > resolve junit classes... it's getting them from the 1.5-built junit, > instead of the junit which is being built. So, the workaround would be > to unmerge junit before trying to rebuidl it with 1.4.
That's exactly what I did [manually] when I've found that having a 1.5 system JVM is not healthy... I've listed all packages depending on jdk, unmerged them and used "emerge -1" to get them back with 1.4 jdk. (It was so long ago that I almost forgot about that solution: unmerge/emerge. If I remembered better I'd suggest that to Henrique sooner - anyway, good analysis Joshua!) Then I've found the axxo-overlay and later the migration-overlay. The rest is history. :) Cheers, -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list