From: Daigo Kobayashi <daigo@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Question about Sun-Jdk 1.4.2.10
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:36:03
1 Hi.
2
3 I want to use Java 5.0 on gentoo. But now it marks unstable.
4 Is there any task that I can help to unmask Java 5.0? If possible
5 I want to try.
6
7 By the way, I'm really sorry to send e-mail to Greg's personal address.
8 So I send same mail to list.
9
10 Best regards,
11 Daigo Kobayashi
12
13 > FYI: There is nothing "unstable" about JDK 1.5 (or Java 5). It is the
14 > recommended "production" platform/runtime of choice for many large
15 > vendors and IT shops, and has been for some time now. It has simply
16 > been package-masked here at Gentoo because there have been some
17 > lingering ebuilds that didn't compile cleanly with it. Hopefully it is
18 > going to be unmasked VERY soon.
22 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list