From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] mx4j inherits java-pkg-opt-2 when there is nothing optional about java support
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:30:33
1 I am just in the process of migrating/setting up the javamail virtual
2 and came across dev-java/mx4j and discovered that it inherits
3 java-pkg-opt-2 eclass instead of java-pkg-2.
4
5 Is/Was there a explicit reason for doing this, currently it DEPENDS on
6 >=virtual/jdk-1.4, calls java-pkg_jar-from ~10 packages and has a nice
7 little pkg_postinst of
8
9 pkg_postinst() {
10 elog "Although this package can be used directly with java-config,"
11 elog "ebuild developers should use mx4j-core and mx4j-tools directly."
12 }
13
14 Please raise your voices to stop me changing the inherit to java-pkg-2
15 --
16 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list