From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Installing IBM JVM 5.0 on PPC
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:49:12
1 Bartosz Sokolowski wrote:
2 > Hello!,
3 >
4 > I'm newbe to Gentoo. I wanted to install IBM JVM 5.0 on my ppc machine, but
5 > it seems not so easy. I cannot see any candidate to install with emerge
6 > (only 1.4.2 version is available) and I cannot find any information how to
7 > do it via Google :(. I'd like to try latest Java because of the Mozilla
8 > plugin finally available to PPC. Another problem on my system is that if I
9 > execute
10 >
11 All 1.5 JDK's are packaged.masked. To emerge, you'd first have to add
12 the following bit to /etc/portage/package.unmask:
13
14 dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5*
15 > java-config --list-available-vms
16 > I get nothing. No output no error. Just available VMs are not listed.
17 > Can anyone help installing Java JVM?
18 >
19 > Best regards,
20 >
21 java-config only lists currently installed VMs. You'd have to emerge
22 them first before.
25 - Josh
26 --
27 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list