From: Mario Fetka <mario-fetka@×××.at>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] OFF-TOPIC: printing in java
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:53:49
1 Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 10:03:25 schrieb Robert Wray:
2 > Does your printer's name contain a dash?
3 > If you're using jdk 1.6 a dash in your printers name might cause what
4 > you're seeing. http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6252456
5 >
6 > Are you using java version 1.4 or earlier?
7 > Java 1.5 and later native support CUPS, earlier versions used lp commands.
8 >
9 > ---------------------------------------------------
10 > The title of this message is "OFF-TOPIC" because it's not a thing only
11 > related with Gentoo but related to the Linux Java implementation. The
12 > question is has anybody get success in printing in java+linux? I use CUPS
13 > and it works when printing pdfs, text and OpenOffice.org documents. But
14 > when I try something like this:
15 >
16 > if (pJob.printDialog()) {
17 > pJob.setPrintable(printableDocument, new PageFormat());
18 > try {
19 > pJob.print();
20 > } catch (PrinterException printerException) {
21 > System.out.println("Error Printing Document");
22 > }
23 > }
24 >
25 > the print dialog appears I select the correct printer and it seems that
26 > everitying works but when the document enters into the queue it's in the
27 > state printing and then automatically it changes to stoped. At no moment
28 > the printer really receives the document.
29
30 i also had the same problem with cups 1.2 its a problem with the new cups
31 defaults
32
33 more Here
34
35 http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L433+I0+TFAQ+M10+P1+Qjava
36
37 i think this is the reason for your problem.
38
39 wfg
40 MArio