From: Jan Riedel <ml.gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Gentoo Java / Apache Tomcat choices vs FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:02:29
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 17:57 +0100, Jan Riedel wrote: >> i think it's not necessary to make an own ebuild for mod_proxy_ajp. the >> best way would be an new use-flag for apache-2.2.0 to enable the option >> "--enable-proxy-ajp" during configure and the module mod_proxy_ajp.so >> would be built. > > So is it bundled then with Apache? Would seem so if one could > build/compile it as part of the Apache build/compile processes. >
yes it's bundled with apache-2.2.0
> If that is the case, then the ability to build or not would fall on the > team/herd responsible for Apache. >
i only wanted to refer to the start of this thread from michael vince...: <quote> My main problems are there is not a full set of choices of Apache that being just 1.3.x or Apache 2.0.x and no Apache 2.2.x. Apache 2.2.x has some great new features like a built in AJP module for linking Tomcat and Apache together with out needing the external mod_ajp module. </quote> ...and tell him that apache2.2.0 is now in portage and that the module mod_proxy_ajp is not beeing built by default and there is a problem with apr and the useflag "ipv6". i didn't want the gentoo java team to care about this. sorry for the misunderstanding. btw., is there any newsgroup for gentoo and apache related information/problems? regards, jan -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list