From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Netbeans
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 02:18:04
1 On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 21:29 -0400, nil nil wrote:
2 > Shouldn't netbeans 5 be put in the portage tree?
3
4 Yes, but no one has really stepped up to maintain Netbeans ebuilds.
5 I started to work on it, but instead of focusing on 5 or older, I
6 started with Netbeans 5.5 Beta. There is a ebuild for that in the
7 migration packages overlay. It compiles, installs, and runs, but it is
8 not very useful. Ebuild still needs some work, and not sure if something
9 is off or what, but seems to be missing like all modules or etc to make
10
11 I just do not have much time to dedicate to it. Busy trying to get
12 Tomcat ebuild and etc all squared aware. Partly because of on Netbeans
13 dependencies is Tomcat.
14
15 I do welcome any input, testing or etc on the 5.5 beta ebuild though. If
16 anyone cares to mess around with it. Otherwise I will see about getting
17 to it
20 Sincerely,
21 William L. Thomson Jr.
22 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.