From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: [gentoo-dev] browserplugin vs. nsplugin
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:07:53
Thomas Matthijs wrote:
> * Aron Griffis (agriffis@g.o) wrote: > >>Back in July the Java team proposed fixing its ebuilds to respect the >>USE=browserplugin instead of USE=mozilla, a worthwhile change. During >>the course of the discussion, it became clear that the existing >>USE=nsplugin was more appropriate. >> >>http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@l.g.o/msg02898.html >> >>Unfortunately the discussion stagnated and the Java team went ahead >>with their original suggestion. >> >>At this point I think it would still be worthwhile to repair these >>ebuilds to respect USE=nsplugin and drop the browserplugin from >>use.local.desc. Comments? > > > We had discussed it prior and then nobody seemed to object to > browserplugin, only after we changed it. > > You have the java herd's blessing to go ahead and change it. > Please announce it to gentoo-java@ aswell when you make the change. >
I discussed a possible solution to the problem with axxo the other day. Basically we should remove all the use flags and make java-config able to configure the java plugin. In the meanwhile feel free to rename the USE flags, but you can of course help the java team by improving =java-config-2.0* and adding support for plugin configuring. Regards, Petteri