From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Mario Fetka <mario-fetka@×××.at>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Help with bin only progy
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:23:18
1 Mario Fetka wrote:
2 > Hallo,
3 >
4 > i am the cracy person that wants to get some novell bin only progs running on
5 > gentoo.
6 >
7 > http://n4g.mars.arge.at
8 >
9 > some important programms are java bin only.
12 We are not currently adding new -bin only packages to the tree as we are
13 struggling to maintain the current set, but if you get good quality
14 ebuilds done for them, we can put them to our experimental overlays in
15 overlays.gentoo.org
18 > like
19 > http://n4g.mars.arge.at/browser/trunk/novell4gentoo/net-mail/novell-groupwise-gwclient
20 > the ebuild is outdated
21 > (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=A849JCfTlHs~ the new bin)
22 >
23 > 1. what would be the right way
24 > to get this beast running.
25 >
26 > at the moment i am
27 > sed -i 's%/opt/novell/groupwise/client/jre%${JAVA_HOME}/jre%' "${WORKDIR}"/${MY_P}/opt/novell/groupwise/client/bin/groupwise
28 >
29 > the start script.
30 >
31 > but JAVA_HOME is deprecated ?
34 You can do JAVA_HOME="$(java-config --jre-home)" in the wrapper, but I
35 suggest using a launcher done via java-pkg_dolauncher. See how for
36 example net-p2p/azureus is done.
39 > 2. is there a possibility to optimize the bin prog some are really slow.
42 gcj can compile .jar files to native code but I don't have any personal
43 experience in that.
46 > 3. thx in av (you my already realice that java is not primary world)
47 >
48 > wfg
49 > Mario
50