From: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] sun-jdk 1.5
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:45:22
1 nil nil wrote:
2 > Just as my first e-mail to the list, I would like to know why Sun's 1.5
3 > vm isn't unmasked (and Netbeans 5, although that depends on having a 1.5
4 > jdk so that makes sense). Not to be pushy, but this is about the first
5 > thing I came across in portage that was behind Debian.
6
7 They are not (hard)masked, java 1.5 was unmasked just recently, it just
8 has ~arch keyword until more testing and stabilization happens. Recent
9 netbeans are in migration-packages overlay for now (you can get it at
10 https://projects.gentooexperimental.org/expj/wiki ) and aren't
11 hardmasked, just ~arch too.
12
13 Caster