From: tramuntanal <tramuntanal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] OFF-TOPIC: printing in java
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 07:30:38
1 Hi,
2 The title of this message is "OFF-TOPIC" because it's not a thing only
3 related with Gentoo but related to the Linux Java implementation.
4 The question is has anybody get success in printing in java+linux?
5 I use CUPS and it works when printing pdfs, text and
6 OpenOffice.orgdocuments. But when I try something like this:
7
8 if (pJob.printDialog()) {
9 pJob.setPrintable(printableDocument, new PageFormat());
10 try {
11 pJob.print();
12 } catch (PrinterException printerException) {
13 System.out.println("Error Printing Document");
14 }
15 }
16
17 the print dialog appears I select the correct printer and it seems that
18 everitying works but when the document enters into the queue it's in the
19 state printing and then automatically it changes to stoped. At no moment the
20 printer really receives the document.
21 Can somebody give me a hint about this!
22
23 Thanks in advance!