From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: [gentoo-dev] browserplugin vs. nsplugin
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:41:18
1 Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Back in July the Java team proposed fixing its ebuilds to respect the
3 > USE=browserplugin instead of USE=mozilla, a worthwhile change. During
4 > the course of the discussion, it became clear that the existing
5 > USE=nsplugin was more appropriate.
6 >
7 > http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@l.g.o/msg02898.html
8 >
9 > Unfortunately the discussion stagnated and the Java team went ahead
10 > with their original suggestion.
11 >
12 > At this point I think it would still be worthwhile to repair these
13 > ebuilds to respect USE=nsplugin and drop the browserplugin from
14 > use.local.desc. Comments?
15
16 Well I have no problem with changing it again, but our user base might
17 get a little tired. At least we should put a lot of information out
18 about the change before going forward with it. We currently still have
19 the mozilla use flags in the ebuilds and I would not like to see three
20 different use flags for browser plugins in the ebuilds. Something like a
21 USE flag move would be a nice feature for portage (to update
22 /etc/portage/package.use).
23
24 Regards,
25 Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse)