From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] Improvements to javadoc handling
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:54:01
1 With the attached patch that I just committed dojavadoc will create an
2 api symlink to /usr/share/<pkg>-<slot> if you have USE="doc" and the
3 package installs javadocs using dojavadoc. This way it stays the same
4 between revisions which is easier for ides like Netbeans and Eclipse.
5 You could also do this with the Portage DOC_SYMLINKS_DIR feature but I
6 find it quite nice to provide everything Java in the same directory for
7 the package so you have to browse only one directory in your IDE. The
8 same patch also adds support for --symlink for ebuild writes. That way
9 we don't have to break html links that expect the api directory to be
10 named in some specific way.
11
12 Regards,
13 Petteri