From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
Cc: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] eselect java broken?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:31:25
1 Caster wrote:
2 > Tried to play a bit with eselect java (using java-experimental and
3 > migration overlays).
4 > Found two problems with that:
5 >
6 > - it seems not to be in sync with java-config (neither -1 or -2). While
7 > my user and system vm's are set properly with java-configs, eselect java
8 > show reports:
9 >
10 > Current system-vm
11 > (unset)
12 > Current user-vm
13 > (unset)
16 > I can set user vm with "eselect java set user x", then "eselect java
17 > show" shows what I set with eselect, but it has no effect on java-config
18 > nor java -version. I would expect eselect java to be in sync with
19 > java-config-2 ?
20 >
21 > - it doesn't allow me to change system vm (as root, of course)
22 > # eselect java set system 1
23 > !!! Error: Sorry, you don't have enough premission to set system
24 > exiting.
25 >
26 > Since the new docs mention eselect as alternative to java-config, I
27 > would expect it to work in migration overlay.
28 >
29 > Caster
30 >
31 There is a good chance they are broken, because I might have forgotten
32 about it :-X
33
34 Will take a look at it soon...
35 --