From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] java-graveyard-overlay
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:48:24
1 As there has been talk about this new overlay in #gentoo-java@freenode,
2 I thought that I would bring it up here so that we can get it up and
3 running. The idea is to have an overlay where we can put packages that
4 are removed from the tree but still in a fully working condition. What
5 do you think about the following rules besides normal package removals?
6
7 1. The package must have a stale upstream (no release in over a year)
8 2. The package must not be an application
9
10 An example of a package that would be moved to this overlay would be
11 dev-java/puretls as people should be using javax.net.ssl nowadays.
12
13 The procedure for moving packages to this overlay:
14 1. Send out an announcement to gentoo-java and gentoo-dev mailing lists
15 2. commit the copy to java-graveyard-overlay
16 3. Package.mask it for a month
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri