From: Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] work on gcj for gentoo
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:41:29
1 On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 23:30:12 +1100
2 Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 23:38 +0100, Hanno Meyer-Thurow wrote:
5 > > Finally, one needs to write the code.
6 > > -> which is me
7 > > ... and maybe some Java programmer
8 > > that got some extra spare time to waste?
9 >
10 > I don't know very many people with "time to waste" (if I was ever to
11 > characterize my work in those terms my board would kill me), but we
12 > certainly am interested in seeing GCJ become usable on Gentoo separately
13 > from GCC.
14 >
15 > We have a number of a applications which are designed to work properly
16 > with either a JDK or with GCJ so I am happy to help you test once you
17 > get that far along.
18
19 Sorry if it seemed to force you or anyone to do it.
20 It was not meant like that.
21
22 I just ask for help on 'Ecj Compiler Adapter' and 'GnuRmic Rmic
23 Adapter' for ant where I already placed the Class for both.
24 Now there is one with Java knowledge prefered to tweak them only.
25 Just because I do not have the knowledge and one would do it proper.
26
27 There are more important things on my TODO list right now.
28 I will have a look on that somewhen if noone else does. Still,
29 one with Java knowledge would do it faster and cleaner.
30
31 Just if one is interested to work on it.
32 It would push the work forward and we
33 get a useable GCJ earlier.
36 Have fun!
37 Hanno
38 --