From: "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: java packages with Manifest1
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 03:27:27
1 Alistair Bush napsal(a):
2 >> dev-java/jexcelapi herds="java" maintainers=""
5 > Im alive! Im alive, please dont hurt me!
6 > jexcelapi 2.6.2 October 30, 2006
7 >
8 I did this one some time ago so I'll review it and try to move it from
9 overlay to tree as soon as I have some time for it.
10 >> dev-java/xmlunit herds="java" maintainers=""
13 > xmlunit hasn't had its last release (1.0) in 2003. So development looks dead.
14 > But, has anyone found this package useful, does anyone forsee this package
15 > being useful.
16 >
17 > As a description:
18 > "XMLUnit extends JUnit and NUnit to enable unit testing of XML. It compares a
19 > control XML document to a test document or the result of a transformation,
20 > validates documents, and compares the results of XPath expressions."
21 >
22 > Are there anyother packages that filfull the same functions that is in active
23 > development?
24 >
25 They work on it just at cvs atm afaik but they response for bug reports
26 so it's not dead. I use this package in my unit tests and it seems to be
27 useful. I just needed to clarify why tests fail with JDKs > 1.4, I got
28 the answer so I'll move it to tree as soon as I have some time for it.
29 > At some point today ill update the wiki, unless someone beats me 2 it ;)
30 >
31 > Alistair
34 Miroslav ©ulc (fordfrog)
35 Gentoo/Java Team