From: Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] work on gcj for gentoo
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:51:38
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:04:25 +0100
Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de> wrote:

> Hi list! > I would like to work on gcj for Gentoo.
I splitted dev-java/gcj to dev-java/gcj-jdk for Java wrappers. I dropped my ecj compiler adapter and gnu rmic adapter. I use java-gcj-compat in that gcj-jdk package to get a tools.jar. In that jar is only a wrapper for rmic. As ant compiler I use a gcj-javac compiler-config that sets -Dbuild.compiler=extJava which you can set in /etc/java-config-2/build/compilers.conf. And if my evil lib/libjawt.so -> lib/libgcjawt.so link does the trick I can drop my gcjawt hacks. Why I do not use tools.jar for default ant compiler? I would like, hell, I would like... ....have a look at it and fix it. :) Thanks! So far... Regards, Hanno -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list