From: Frerk.Meyer@×××××.de
To: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Wanted: AppFuse webapplications [Auf Viren geprüft]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 08:17:20
1 I tried AppFuse once because I wanted a quick start for my web app.
2 But it is bloated and tries to do all at once in three different ways.
3 It seems to me more as a test bed for java web application frameworks.
4
5 But there is a light version of it named equinox, which seems more
6 appropriate:
7 http://equinox.dev.java.net/
8 But than again there remains the question which applications originate
9 from equinox.
10
11 At last I switched to an open source portal:
12 http://www.liferay.com/
13 This is not only a framework for your web applicaton, but a portal
14 filled with dozends of web applications. And you may add your
15 own application as a portlet (as long as you know how to develop portlets).
16
17 Frerk Meyer
18
19 EDEKA Informationstechnologie GmbH & Co. KG
20 Competence Center Web Technologien
21 Dipl.-Inform. Frerk Meyer
22 New-York-Ring 6
23 22297 Hamburg