From: Frerk.Meyer@×××××.de
To: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Wanted: AppFuse webapplications [Auf Viren geprüft]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 08:17:20
I tried AppFuse once because I wanted a quick start for my web app.
But it is bloated and tries to do all at once in three different ways.
It seems to me more as a test bed for java web application frameworks.

But there is a light version of it named equinox, which seems more
appropriate:
http://equinox.dev.java.net/
But than again there remains the question which applications originate
from equinox.

At last I switched to an open source portal:
http://www.liferay.com/
This is not only a framework for your web applicaton, but a portal
filled with dozends of web applications. And you may add your
own application as a portlet (as long as you know how to develop portlets).

Frerk Meyer

EDEKA Informationstechnologie GmbH & Co. KG
Competence Center Web Technologien
Dipl.-Inform. Frerk Meyer
New-York-Ring 6
22297 Hamburg