From: Alistair John Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] java-utils-2.patch checking dependencies as they are used
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:07:42
1 Lets see if I can actually attach the right file this time.
2
3 Alistair John Bush wrote:
4 > Hi guys,
5 >
6 > Here is a patch to improve java-utils-2.eclass
7 >
8 > Firstly I used the re-emerge-all-java.sh script to emerge over 100
9 > packages with this patch active, None failed because of it (tho there
10 > was a unrelated breakage in a ~* ebuild.
11 >
12 > Just to outline the changes
13 >
14 > 1) sed has been improved to match jdom-1.0 and jdom-1.0_dfsdfs12312312
15 > to jdom.
16 >
17 > I tried to just match alpha or beta using [alpha|beta] but did not seem
18 > to work.
19 >
20 > 2) Implemented storing packages in temp files controlled by
21 > JAVA_PKG_DEPEND_QA_LOG and etc
22 >
23 > 3) Outputs message on pkg_preinst
24 >
25 > 4) added EXPORT_FUNCTION to java-utils-2 as a temporary messure for testing.
26 >
27 > I still want to test this some more, as for instance I updated the sed
28 > after the unit test.
29 >
30 > What do you think?
31 >