From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Ray Hunter <bigdog@××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Is JDK 1.3 still used?
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:38:09
1 Ray Hunter wrote:
2
3 > I know there are still some application servers that use 1.3 and i use
4 > it alot to test with before i actually deploy to those servers. I know
5 > that there are some java apps that require the 1.3 to compile their
6 > source. i have been looking at doing the apache derby ebuild and that
7 > one require that you use 1.3 and 1.4 to build certain parts of it
8 > (http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#How+to+build+Derby) so
9 > i think there still might be some need for 1.3.
10
11 Those are the signals I get from other people as well, so we'll keep the
12 1.3 JDK.
15 Cheers,
16
17 -- Karl T