From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Why dev-java/jessie depends directly on dev-java/gnu-classpath?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:21:54
1 I just noticed that dev-java/jessie depends on gnu-classpath for no good
2 reason I can think of. The ebuild forces jessie to build against
3 classpath. IMHO it would be better to let the selected jdk decide the
4 core library used. If the user wants to build jessie against a free
5 alternative he should any way have kaffe or any other as the system vm.
6 I have committed the modifications to the already modified ebuild in
7 experimental and it seems to work nicely:
8 http://gentooexperimental.org/svn/java/gentoo-java-experimental/dev-java/jessie
9
10 If no-one steps up, I will commit the removal of hard dependency to
11 official during the next week so please let me know if there are other
12 reasons for depending on gnu-classpath directly.
13
14 Regards,
15 Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse)