From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] java-vm-2.eclass dependancies
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:37:22
1 Jon Severinsson kirjoitti:
2 > Dear Gentoo/Java team
3 >
4 > I recently noticed that sun-jdk-1.5 RDEPEND on =java-config-1.3*, which
5 > I found quite odd, considering that jdk-1.5 isn't compatible with
6 > java-config-1.
7 >
8 > Digging a bit deeper I found that the problem is in java-vm-2.eclass,
9 > witch doesn't consider JAVA_SUPPORTS_GENERATION_1 when it defines DEPEND
10 > and RDEPEND. (It does in the rest of the eclass).
11 >
12 > With the attached patch it does, and the end result works just fine on
13 > both mixed generation systems, and generation 2 only systems, in the
14 > first case with both java-config-1 and java-config-2, and the second
15 > with only java-config-2.
16 >
17 > Please consider adding it to the tree (so I don't have to do it myself
18 > after every emerge --sync on my "pure" java 1.5 / generation 2 system).
19 >
20 > Regards
21 > - Jonno
22 >
23 > P.S. To get a pure java 1.5 / generation 2 system you'll have to get
24 > creative in packages.keywords, but it is certainly possible. I'm
25 > currently doing it on one system, where HD space is at a premium, and
26 > two VM is overkill just to run tomcat. While java-config-1 isn't exactly
27 > a space killer, it's the principle of the thing. After working hard on
28 > getting rid of generation-1 I still can't get rid of this last piece.
29
30 Attached patch is a bit cleaner. Yeah, I think we can add something like
31 this.
32
33 Regards,
34 Petteri